35. SJ Green, E Dilley, C Benkwitt, K Ingeman, T Kindinger, L Tuttle and MA Hixon. (In prep) Combined effects of anti-predator and hunting behaviors on prey selection: experimental tests with reef fishes. Target journal: Ecology.
34. SJ Green and E Grosholz (In prep) Functional eradication as a framework for invasive species control. Target journal: Trends in Ecology and Evolution.
33. SJ Green, E Underwood, B Castillo, K Reale-Munroe, I Lundgren, C Pollock, V McDunough and JL Akins. (In prep) Balancing ecological benefits and economic costs of suppressing widespread invasive species. Target journal: Ecological Applications. *Invited talk at the 2015 Vi-EPSCOR Conference, St. Croix, USVI
In review and in revision
32. SJ Green, EM Underwood, JL Akins. (Accepted with minor revisions) Engaging volunteers in local suppression of a global marine invasion. Conservation Letters.
31. SJ Green, K Grorud-Colvert, H Mannix. (In Revision) Uniting science and stories: lessons on the value of storytelling for science communication. FACETS.
30. L Malpica-Cruz, SJ Green and IM Côté. (In Review) Temporal changes in the trophic signature of an invasive marine predator. Biology Letters.
PDFs available at the link
29. NS Smith, IM Côté, L Martinez-Estevez, EJ Hind-Ozan, AL Quiros, N Johnson, SJ Green, L Cornick, D Shiffman, L Malpica-Cruz, A Gleason Besch, N Shiel-Rolle. (2017). Diversity and Inclusion in Conservation: A Proposal for a Marine Diversity Network. Frontiers in Marine Science.
28. NS Smith, SJ Green, JL Akins, S Miller and IM Côté. (2017) To cull or not to cull an invasive predator? Biological Invasions.
27. SJ Green, K Demes, M. Arbeider, M Webster, WJ Palen, AK Salomon, ME Ryan. (2017) Oil sands and the marine environment: current knowledge and future challenges. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment.
26. Hixon, M, SJ Green, MA Albins, JL Akins and JA Morris Jr.(2016) Lionfish: a major marine invasion. Marine Ecology Progress Series.
25. Hind, EJ, SM Alexander, SJ Green, JP Kritzer, M Sweet, AE Johnson, F Pina-Mamargos, NS Smith, A Peterson. (2015) Fostering effective international collaboration for marine science in small island states. Frontiers in Marine Science.
24. SJ Green, J Armstrong, M Bogan, E Darling, S Kross, C Rockman, A Smyth and D Verissimo. (2015) Conservation needs diverse values, approaches, and practitioners. Conservation Letters.
23. C Rochman, S Kross, M Bogan, E Darling, SJ Green, D Verissimo, A Smyth, J Armstrong. (2015) Scientific evidence supports a ban on microbeads. Environmental Science and Technology.
22. Green, SJ, NK Dulvy, and IM Côté. (2015) Response to Valderrama and Fields: Effect of temperature in models of fish biomass production. Ecological Applications.
21. SJ Green and IM Côté. (2014) Trait based diet selection: Prey behaviour and morphology predict vulnerability to predation in reef fish communities. Journal of Animal Ecology.*Featured on the November cover
20. JL Akins, JA Morris Jr., SJ Green. (2014) Novel in situ tagging technique for fishes reveals variable site fidelity and growth in lionfish on Caribbean reefs. Ecology and Evolution.
19. SJ Green, NK Dulvy, ALM Brooks, AB Cooper, JL Akins, S Miller and IM Côté. (2014) Linking removal targets to the ecological effects of invaders: a predictive model and field test. Ecological Applications.
18. IM Côté, ES Darling, L Malpica, N Smith, SJ Green, J Curtis-Quick and C Layman. (2014) What doesn’t kill you makes you wary? Effects of repeated culling on the behaviour of an invasive predator. PLOS ONE.
17. A Valdivia, JF Bruno, CE Cox, S Hackerott and SJ Green. (2014) Re-examining the relationship between lionfish and native grouper in the Caribbean. PeerJ.
16. IM Côté, L Akins, E Underwood, J Curtis-Quick and SJ Green. (2014) Setting the record straight on invasive lionfish control: Culling works. PeerJ.
15. SJ Green, N Tamburello, L Akins, SE Miller, IM Côté. (2013) Habitat complexity and fish size affect the detection of Indo-Pacific lionfish on invaded coral reefs. Coral Reefs. DOI 10.1007/s00338-012-0987-8.
14. B Favaro, Braun DC, Earth2Ocean Research Derby*. (2013) The ‘Research Derby’: A pressure cooker for creative and collaborative science. Ideas in Ecology and Evolution 6: 40-46. *Co-leadership in this working group
13. S Hackerott, A Valdivia, SJ Green, IM Côté, CE COx, JL Akins, CA Layman, WF Precht, JF Bruno. (2013) Native predators do not influence invasion success of Pacific lionfish on Caribbean reefs. PLOS ONE.
12. IM Côté, SJ Green, MA Hixon (2013) Predatory fish invaders: Insights from Indo-Pacific lionfish in the western Atlantic and Caribbean. Biological Conservation.
11. C Phillis*, S O’Regan*, SJ Green*, J Bruce*, S Anderson, J Linton, Earth2Ocean Research Derby Working Group, B Favaro. (2012). Multiple pathways to conservation success. Conservation Letters *Authors contributed equally, listed in reverse alphabetical order.
10. IM Côté, SJ Green, JL Akins, D Steinke, JA Morris Jr. (2012) Diet richness of invasive Indo-Pacific lionfish revealed by DNA barcoding. Marine Ecology Progress Series.
9. SJ Green. (2012) Monitoring: An essential action in JA Morris Jr (ed). Invasive lionfish: A guide to control and management. Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute Press. Ft. Pierce, FL
8. JA Morris Jr and SJ Green. (2012) Lionfish research: A guide to current findings and future questions for applied science in JA Morris Jr (ed). Invasive lionfish: A guide to control and management. Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute Press. Ft. Pierce, FL
7. SJ Green, JL Akins, A Maljkovic, IM Côté (2012) Invasive lionfish drive Atlantic coral reef fish declines. PLOS ONE. 7(3): e32596.
6. IM Côté and SJ Green (2012) Potential effects of climate change on a marine invasion: The importance of current context. Current Zoology. 58(1): 1-8
5. SJ Green, Akins, JL, JA Morris Jr. (2012) Lionfish dissection: Techniques and applications. NOAA Technical Memorandum NCCOS 139.
4. ES Darling, SJ Green, JK O’Leary, IM Côté (2011) Indo-Pacific lionfish are larger and more abundant on invaded reefs: a comparison of Kenyan and Bahamian lionfish populations. Biological Invasions.13(9): 2045-2051
3. SJ Green, JL Akins, IM Côté (2011) Foraging behaviour and prey consumption in the Indo-Pacific lionfish on Bahamian coral reefs. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 433: 159-167.
2. JA Morris Jr., JL Akins, A Barse, D Cerino, DW Freshwater, SJ Green et al. Biology and Ecology of the Invasive Lionfishes, Pterios miles and Pterois volitans. Proceedings of the Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute. 61: 409-414.
1. SJ Green and IM Côté (2009) Record densities of Indo-Pacific lionfish on Bahamian coral reefs. Coral Reefs. 28: 107.